Monday, March 17, 2014

Second Trimester High

So I recently posted about my troubles with the first trimester when I had just crossed the mark of reaching the second trimester. As soon as my morning sickness ended, I was hit with a massive head cold with no doctor-approved medicines in sight. I struggled with some depression and self pity (not gonna lie, definitely spent several afternoons crying to friends about how I was never going to feel good again).

I had no idea.


I feel like dancing and singing. This is the trimester that tempts women into pregnancy! I feel cute, I'm in real maternity clothes, and I can EAT. Holy cow, can I eat. I can't eat much at one time, but I need food every two hours and I need it RIGHT THEN. Cravings are real and I have spent so long not wanting food that I am praising the Lord for every one of them. No food tastes as good as the food you've been obsessing over for hours. I ate a pint of egg drop soup in 15 minutes in a Kmart parking lot because I couldn't wait to get home but I wanted to drive away from the Chinese restaurant.

I'm attempting to fill up on fruits and veggies primarily, especially now that my veggie aversions are gone, and I feel like I'm doing alright. I lost a few pounds in my first trimester and weigh less now than I have in about a year, so I feel ok doing a little bit of catching up. Small and frequent meals are what my tummy wants, so that's what I'm doing!

Side note: why did no one tell me how incredible maternity clothes are? I feel like Joey with his Thanksgiving pants. These things are literally the greatest. They smooth out lumps instead of creating them (I'm looking at you, Forever 21 skinnies) and are the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my body. I love my new jeans and shirts. I'm wearing horizontal stripes til the end.

Pregnancy Log:
How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain: -5
Maternity clothes: Most of my outfits. All of my bottoms excluding yoga pants.
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleeping a lot. Accidentally slept in til 11 today.
Best moment of this week: first flutters/kicks!
Miss anything: Not really
Movement: first ones this week!!
Food cravings: A couple (Chinese, etc.) Mostly just starving all the time.
Holding on to this high for as long as I can!

--Caroline



No comments:

Post a Comment